Am I eligible for Access Resources Services?

Our services are accessed through referral from Community Living BC (CLBC) or the Ministry of Child & Family Development (MCFD). Following their set protocols, CLBC establishes services eligibility. Eligibility is multi-faceted and not based on single determinants like IQ or adaptive behaviour assessments - these are only part of the overall eligiblity assessment.

How do I join CAP or TSN Programs?

To join CAP, you need a referral from your social worker at CYSN (Children & Youth with Special Needs) through MCFD. To join TSN, you need a referral from your facilitator at CLBC. Both programs are by referral only. Once your referral has been processed, you will be called by the program facilitators to set up an intake.

Does is cost money to attend CAP or TSN?

There are some fees associated with both programs. These fees are for specific activities (i.e. bowling, cooking programs, eating out, or attending amusement attractions, etc.)

Can my friend attend TSN or CAP with me?

Unfortunately the only participants eligible to participate in each program must be referred.

How long can I be a part of CAP or TSN?

CAP has a maximum participation of 18 months at which time you can be re-referred as long as you are under the age of 19. TSN has unlimited participation, however, if you have not attended for 3-months, you will be contacted and exited from the program so that the next person on the list can have an opportunity to participate.

How do I get in to counseling?

To attend counseling, you require a referral from your CLBC facilitator.

What are Access Resources hours?

Our main office hours are typically from 8:30am to 5:00pm. However there may be exceptions made for individuals who require services outside of office hours. For more details, please contact Angie or Sonja.

Is Access Resources open on statutory holidays?

Access Resources is closed on all statutory holidays and does not bank or carry supports or services that would normally be delivered on those days.

What is the main source of transportation used to access Programs & Services at Access Resources?

We encourage service recipients, families and home share providers to utilize Handy Dart or be dropped off and picked up directly at the office by families and home share providers. Staff is able to drive one-way, depending on location.

How does community support work?

Depending on what hours are allotted by CLBC (i.e. 15 hours per week), these hours generally include travel, admin time, and any meetings between service recipients, families and home share providers.

Who can participate in my planning with me?

Individuals can identify who they want to participate in planning (i.e. family members, home share providers, facilitators or other service providers).

How do I get involved with Access Resources Home Share Program?

For more information about Home Share (providing or receiving) through Access Resources, please call the office and speak to Jordan.

What is Home Share?

Home Share is a program where an individual with a diverse ability lives within a family or caregiver's home and is included in all of their activities. Activities could include support with basic life skills, budgeting, cooking, special holidays, transportation to and from activities and programs, and support with appointments and/or meetings.

What are the age groups for Global Groups?

CAP: 12-19 years

Youth in Transition: 14-19 years

TSN: 19-25 years

MAC/Ladies Day/Men's Group: 25 years+